In order to ensure the safety of our guests, employees, and artifacts, we ask that you abide by the following museum policies.
The museum cares deeply about the health and safety of our guests and staff. We are therefore taking the following measures to ensure an enjoyable experience:
- Masking is strongly recommended, but not required while inside the Museum in all spaces, except the theater
- Increased cleaning frequency and procedures implemented throughout the day
- Additional hand sanitation stations installed throughout the museum and signage indicating handwashing locations
- Installation of clear acrylic coverings in transactional areas
- Modified gallery interactives and listening stations that can now be experienced using the WDFM mobile app
- Capacity limitations for daily attendance and all spaces
- Daily staff health checks prior to arrival at the museum
- We ask that visitors take a self-screening questionnaire before visiting the museum. Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms. If you purchased tickets and need to reschedule your visit, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team is happy to reschedule your visit, but there are no refunds on tickets purchased. Although no refunds are available, our team is happy to reschedule your visit.
For more information on our current mask and vaccination policy, please visit our Welcome Back page.
To accommodate our guests safely, we encourage all guests—including members—to reserve tickets prior to their visit. Admission to the main museum is available on a timed-ticket basis with limited capacities set for each time slot. Visit our Tickets page to purchase or reserve tickets. Members of The Walt Disney Family Museum are invited to visit our members-only ticket reservation page to reserve your free tickets.
You can use San Francisco CityPASS to visit the museum. First, purchase CityPASS online for instant, paperless mobile ticket delivery. Next, bring CityPASS to the main entrance to receive the next available entry time. CityPASS ticket holders do not need advance reservations. Learn more about saving 45% off The Walt Disney Family Museum plus 3 more top SF attractions with CityPASS.
Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult who shall be responsible for the child at all times.
If you purchased tickets and need to reschedule your visit, email email@example.com. Although no refunds are available, our team is happy to reschedule your visit.
For more information about ticketing policies, admission fees, travel partnerships, and more, please visit our Admission page.
Museum hours are 10am to 5:30pm with last entry at 4:30pm; the museum is open Thursday–Sunday, closed Monday–Wednesday, January 1, Thanksgiving Day, and December 25. The museum will close at 4pm on December 24 and 31, with last entry at 3pm.
Food and drink are not permitted in the museum galleries with the exception of bottled water.
Please keep your camera flash OFF at all times. Non-flash photography and video recording is allowed for personal, non-commercial use except where noted. Professional camera equipment, including tripods, is NOT permitted. Material on exhibit is copyright protected; any reproduction of it will be prosecuted as permitted by all applicable laws. Members of the press may request special access to photograph and video our galleries by contacting our Press Team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 415.345.6854.
Additionally, we request that guests silence all cell phones and refrain from using them while in the galleries, so as not to disturb others.
Due to the nature of our artifacts, pencil is the only medium allowed in the galleries. Complimentary pencils are available at Ticket Desk.
Additionally, while group sketch sessions are allowed, guests may not charge others to join sketch sessions, or collect any personal revenue from meet-ups that occur on the museum’s property. To organize a group visit with discounted admission, please visit our Groups page. To host a private event, please visit our Venue Rentals page to learn more from our Events Team.
The Walt Disney Family Museum welcomes service animals. Under federal law, service animals are dogs trained to work or perform tasks for the benefit of people with physical or mental disabilities. The work or tasks performed by a service animal must be directly related to the handler’s disability. Additionally, service animals must remain under their handler’s control at all times while inside the museum. Dogs or any other type of animal or pet whose sole function is to provide comfort, companionship, or emotional support—such as a support animal—do not qualify as service animals under federal law and are not permitted in the museum.
For the safety and security of the museum, guests, staff, and the artifacts, all bags and parcels are subject to inspection by Security. Prohibited items include weapons, knives, box cutters, scissors, flammable liquids, permanent markers, and spray paint. Security may not allow guests to bring in other items if they deem said items hazardous.
- Considerate behavior is expected of all visitors; any individual or group whose behavior is disruptive, aggressive, or offensive to other guests or staff may be asked to leave.
- Shirts and footwear are required for entry.
- No running.
- No touching of artwork, cases, or other artifacts. Some displays, monitors, and headsets are interactive and noted as such; if you are unsure, please ask a Guest Experience Associate first.
- Only materials produced by The Walt Disney Family Museum or its partners are permitted for distribution on museum property. Demonstrating and solicitation are not permitted on museum property.
For the protection of the objects and the comfort and safety of all guests and staff, please refrain from the following while in the museum’s galleries or Diane Disney Miller Exhibition Hall:
- Carrying backpacks, large bags, or portfolios
- Carrying children in backpack carriers, on shoulders, or on back
- Eating, drinking, and chewing gum
- Carrying umbrellas
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes and vaping devices
- Running, yelling, or disruptive behavior
- Playing music or recordings out loud on hand-held devices
- Cell phone conversations
- Demonstrating or solicitation
- Using selfie sticks, tripods, monopods, and photography lighting equipment
- Using flashlights or laser pointers
- Using pens, markers, charcoals and pastels, or solvents
While we encourage guests to visit with friends and family, and find inspiration and entertainment in our galleries, The Walt Disney Family Museum does not allow independently-organized tours, sketch sessions, meet-ups, or other group activities wherein an individual or entity collects revenue from guests. To organize a guided or self-guided group visit with discounted admission, please visit our Groups page. To host a private event, please visit our Venue Rentals page to learn more from our Events Team.
In order to make your visit more enjoyable, please familiarize yourself with our museum's amenities. If you are interested in learning about our accessibility resources, please visit our Accessibility page.
Due to current restrictions, coat check will remain closed until further notice. Large/oversized items will not be allowed in the museum galleries. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Umbrella bags will be provided at the front entrance of the museum and may be stored in the provided umbrella stands which may be picked up upon exiting. The Walt Disney Family Museum assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged, or stolen umbrellas/items.
Please visit the Ticket Desk if you would like to borrow a wheelchair or compact stroller. We recommend that guests leave larger strollers in their vehicles and borrow a compact stroller from the museum.
Additionally, our museum welcomes the use of larger mobility strollers and larger mobility wheelchairs.
Our museum makes large stroller and wheelchair accommodations for mobility and accessibility purposes only. We do not allow other oversized strollers or luggage into our galleries.
Main restrooms are located on the lower level, just below the Museum Store. An additional universal restroom is located in the gallery with the display of miniatures (Gallery 7B), just past the elevator. Most restrooms are equipped with changing tables.
Water fountains are located next to the restrooms on the lower level and Gallery 7B.
If you have lost or misplaced an item, please visit the Ticket Desk, so that a Guest Experience Associate can contact Security on your behalf. If you are no longer at the museum and need to contact Lost & Found, please call the Ticket Desk at 415.345.6800 during our normal business hours for assistance.
The Walt Disney Family Museum offers free public WiFi by connecting to the WDFMuseum network.
The museum cafe is open on museum operating days from 11am–3pm with grab-and-go snack and beverage options available.
Please let us know how we can make your visit more enjoyable, so that we can better accommodate your needs and enhance your visit.