Volunteer at the museum and help us continue Walt’s legacy by creating a unique and lasting experience for our guests. Work alongside our dedicated staff and share your passion, stories, and knowledge of the museum and Walt with visitors of all ages.
Interested in Volunteering?
Please visit the Volgistics volunteer log-in page to schedule your next volunteering opportunity.
Teen Squad 2019–20
Applications open: Monday, April 1, 2019
Application submission deadline: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Teen Squad is a year-long volunteering opportunity for Bay Area youth between the ages of 15 and 18. These young volunteers honor Walt Disney’s life and legacy by engaging with the guest experience, participating in and supporting our educational programming, and assisting with the annual Teen Animation Festival International (TAFI). Teen Squad volunteers are encouraged to participate in every aspect of the museum as well as focusing on areas of particular interest to broaden art and animation learning and understanding, build self-confidence, improve communication skills, experience a supportive professional environment, develop and facilitate events, and enjoy unique group and individual Teen Squad opportunities throughout the year.
TRAINING DAYS (two days)
Saturday, July 13 & Sunday, July 14, 2019 | 11am–4pm
TEEN SCIENCE NIGHT
Friday, August 9, 2019 | 4:30–9pm
TAFI (Teen Animation Festival International) 2020
Saturday, June 6 & Sunday, June 7, 2020 | Timing TBD
Dates subject to change
Applicants should be able to meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 18 for the 2019–20 academic year
- Have an ongoing interest in the life and legacy of Walt Disney, animation, art, education, guest engagement, and community outreach
- As a member of the team, be able to exhibit and demonstrate an animation technique at the California Academy of Sciences Teen Science Night
- Volunteer at the Teen Animation Festival International (TAFI), as well as assist with preparations leading up to event, including developing a Teen Squad TAFI creative workshop
- Commit to scheduling regular shifts (three to four hours) per month between June 2019 and June 2020
For more information or with inquiries, email the Volunteer Services Manager Sheena Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.