During the 1920s and early 1930s, rubber hose characters became the staple in animation. With exaggerated flexibility and rubbery limbs, this genre of animation was not only a time saver for animators but gave this era an iconic look. Join us for this two-week intensive class that focuses on 2D digital animation and the fall and revival of rubber hose characters. Students learn classic and digital animation techniques, principles, and digital animation software, then create their own short film using storyboards, animatics, and original characters.
This class is intended for students interested in learning the process of basic character animation, physics, gesture, and digital software. Students will be working in the studio for the majority of the class duration.
Tickets for Summer Classes will be available as follows:
- Walt's Circle Donors: Purchase tickets beginning Tuesday, March 28 at noon PST by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporter, Founding, and Friend-level members: Purchase tickets beginning Wednesday, March 29 at noon PST by emailing email@example.com.
- All member levels: Purchase tickets via the Member Portal beginning Thursday, March 30 at noon PST.
- Public (non-members): Remaining tickets available online beginning Friday, March 31 at noon PST.
Become a member to receive priority access to purchase tickets. Membership dues and Walt's Circle donations may be paid as monthly installments or as a one-time annual payment. For more information, please email the Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that all students have the opportunity to take classes at The Walt Disney Family Museum, we are pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying families and students of all ages. How to apply:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Summer Scholarship Information 2023”.
- Include the student’s name and age, a parent/guardian’s name (if applicable), and the class name and dates.
- All Summer Class scholarship applications are due no later than Friday, April 21, 2023 at 11:59pm PST.
If you have any additional questions about scholarships, please email the Studio Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Walt Disney Family Museum strives to make its programs accessible to all guests. For specific accessibility information, please contact the Studio team at email@example.com.
COVID Safety Information
Beginning April 1, 2023, masks are no longer required, but are strongly recommended, while attending programs in the theater and Learning Center. For more information, please visit our Welcome Back page.