In this two-week class, be prepared to reimagine ideas and designs as you learn what it takes to be an animator. Students will focus on combining animation principles, 2D digital animation software, and the four natural elements: fire, wind, water, and earth. Various traditional and experimental methods and practices will be explored. Each element will allow students to gain an understanding of animation fundamentals and explore unique ways to animate their own pieces.
In addition to their completed project, students attending this course will receive in-process feedback, technical presentations, and personal career advice to further comprehend the animation field.
This intensive course is designed for students interested in learning the process of animation as it relates to physics and natural effect—with an emphasis on drawing skills—and developing professional animation practices. Previous animation experience is preferred, but not a requirement.
Tickets for Summer Classes will be available as follows:
- Walt's Circle Donors: Purchase tickets beginning Tuesday, March 28 at noon PST by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporter, Founding, and Friend-level members: Purchase tickets beginning Wednesday, March 29 at noon PST by emailing email@example.com.
- All member levels: Purchase tickets via the Member Portal beginning Thursday, March 30 at noon PST.
- Public (non-members): Remaining tickets available online beginning Friday, March 31 at noon PST.
Become a member to receive priority access to purchase tickets. Membership dues and Walt's Circle donations may be paid as monthly installments or as a one-time annual payment. For more information, please email the Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that all students have the opportunity to take classes at The Walt Disney Family Museum, we are pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying families and students of all ages. How to apply:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Summer Scholarship Information 2023”.
- Include the student’s name and age, a parent/guardian’s name (if applicable), and the class name and dates.
- All Summer Class scholarship applications are due no later than Friday, April 21, 2023 at 11:59pm PST.
If you have any additional questions about scholarships, please email the Studio Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Walt Disney Family Museum strives to make its programs accessible to all guests. For specific accessibility information, please contact the Studio team at email@example.com.
COVID Safety Information
Beginning April 1, 2023, masks are no longer required, but are strongly recommended, while attending programs in the theater and Learning Center. For more information, please visit our Welcome Back page.