Location: San Francisco
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time
Date: August 2021
FLSA Code: Exempt
Hours: TBD, on-call on some nights and weekends
The Senior Facilities Manager will oversee building systems contracts and maintenance, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, landscaping, and janitorial. This person will also be responsible for ensuring that the museum is in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal codes, regulations, and standards pertaining to facilities operations. The Senior Facilities Manager will oversee the facilities team, the security contractor, and work closely with museum departments to maintain/improve the quality of safety and security at the museum. The Senior Facilities Manager will manage projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and manage annual facilities maintenance budget.
- Manage the buildings, grounds, and systems to ensure a well-run, problem-free building for employees, guests, and visitors. Systems include Building Management System (BMS), Watt stopper, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, life safety systems, security systems (CCURE), emergency generator, and general maintenance.
- Maintain HVAC equipment systems to operate cost-effectively and develop energy cost savings measures.
- Perform daily inspections of buildings and grounds.
- Source price quotes for labor, materials, and replacement parts for facilities maintenance and repair projects.
- Manage inventory and purchase of electrical and lighting supplies, office printers and copier supplies, kitchen equipment and appliances, key inventory and tools, and equipment necessary to run and maintain the facilities.
- Manage all maintenance contracts, including HVAC systems, boilers, pumps, sewage pumps, life safety systems, and elevators.
- Coordinate safety and security training, including fire drills.
- Review, update and implement departmental policies and procedures manual.
- Oversee management of security systems and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive back ground in HVAC industry and possess in-depth knowledge of various mechanical systems.
- Ability to track expenses and work within a budget.
- Experience in vendor management/performance and negotiation of contracts.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be available after hours to respond to emergency situations.
- Must have car and valid California drivers’ license.
- Must be a team player.
Supervision and Staff Coordination
This role manages the facilities team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience
- Experienced in working with contractors to modify HVAC equipment and upgrade systems to meet high-level efficiency standards.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5 years of experience in facilities operations required.
- Knowledge of security software applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing (ladders), reaching above the shoulders, lifting of up to 50 lbs., lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects such as furniture, file cabinets, equipment, boxes, etc. Work requires weekend and/or evening work.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Facilities Manager”. Electronic applications preferred. No phone calls please. Open until filled.