Department: Facilities and Operations
Location: San Francisco
Reports to: Office Manager
FLSA Code: Exempt
Hours: TBD regular business hours includes rotating on call weekends and/or evenings
The Senior Facilities Coordinator position requires a hands-on person to perform daily facility maintenance projects, including but not limited to: HVAC, painting; plumbing, door hardware repairs and adjustments. This person will oversee maintenance, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical, landscaping and janitorial. This person will work with the Facilities and Operations team to maintain a problem-free work environment.
- Daily inspections of buildings and grounds
- Sources price quotes for labor, materials and replacement parts, for all facilities maintenance and repair projects.
- Manages inventory and purchase of electrical and lighting supplies, office printers and copier supplies, kitchen equipment and appliances, and tools and equipment necessary to run and maintain the facilities.
- Hands on tasks include maintenance and repair of doors/door hardware, rudimentary electrical repair (lamps, sockets), office furniture, keyboard tray installations / de installations, pumping water out of communications vaults, basic carpentry (repairing wooden signs), and replacing water filters
- Manage maintenance for landscaping, HVAC systems, water treatment, boilers, pumps, life safety systems, elevators, copiers / printers, and janitorial.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
- Must be high school graduate; minimum 5 years progressively responsible experience in related field, e.g., building and facilities management/or facilities management, residential or commercial construction, or general contracting. Additional education may be substituted for some experience.
- Comprehensive documented knowledge of methods and techniques of the trade (facilities, maintenance, safety, etc.).
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of the trades (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.) is essential.
- Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, schematics, drawings, and specifications a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience using tools and performing general repairs and maintenance.
- Must be available to be on-call after hours to respond to emergency situations.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including some weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communicate to all levels of the WDFM community.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently and exhibit initiative to solve problems, including tracking situations until appropriate resolution is achieved.
- Must have car and Valid CA driver’s license.
- Must be a team player.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing (ladders) and reaching above the shoulders and lifting of up to 50 lbs. Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as furniture, file cabinets, equipment, boxes, etc. will be required.
May require working in confined spaces and or exposure to the elements.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Facilities Coordinator." Electronic applications preferred. No phone calls please. Open until filled.