San Francisco, April 15, 2021—The Walt Disney Family Museum is delighted to welcome back members and guests to the Main Museum on Thursday, April 22, 2021. Tickets for admission to both the main galleries and the special exhibition will be available for pre-purchase online beginning 10am PT today.
The Main Museum at 104 Montgomery Street in the Presidio of San Francisco houses the museum’s permanent collection and presents the story of Walt Disney’s fascinating life and legacy through a myriad of state-of-the-art galleries. Highlights include the first known drawing of Mickey Mouse, one of only three multiplane cameras in existence, spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge, and a highly detailed miniature model of Disneyland.
“I deeply appreciate the continued support and encouragement that our members and friends have shown us throughout our closure and reopening,” says Kirsten Komoroske, Executive Director of The Walt Disney Family Museum. “I wish to express my heartfelt gratitude to everyone who has patiently awaited the reopening of our main galleries. We look forward to welcoming you back to museum when you are comfortable. Until that time, I hope that we’ll be able to connect with you through our virtual offerings, which we’ll continue to host throughout the year.”
The museum’s fifth Community Access Exhibition, Veterans’ Voices: Painted Realities, featuring original artworks by U.S. military veterans, will also reopen to the public in the Lower Lobby Gallery. The exhibition serves as a platform for the American veteran’s voice to be heard through their own words and creativity, rather than from depictions by non-veteran artists.
Museum operating hours will be Thursday through Sunday from 10am to 5pm, with last gallery entry at 4pm. The Walt Disney Studios and World War II special exhibition in the Diane Disney Miller Exhibition Hall and the Museum Store, which reopened on March 18, will remain open to the public during operating hours.
To accommodate museum guests safely and to ensure proper distancing, all guests—including members—are required to reserve tickets prior to their visit at waltdisney.org/tickets. Admission will continue to be available on a timed-ticket basis with limited capacities set for each time slot. Tickets will be released in two-week increments to ensure availability, with additional dates continuously added.
The Walt Disney Family Museum continues to prioritize the health and safety of its guests and staff. The following measures will stay in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone:
- Face coverings are required at all times for staff and guests ages three and over.
- Increased cleaning frequency and procedures implemented throughout the day.
- Distancing of at least six feet required for both guests and staff.
- Additional hand sanitation stations installed throughout the museum and signage indicating handwashing locations.
- Installation of clear acrylic coverings in transactional areas.
- Directional signage and placement of staff to ensure continual flow and eliminate crowding.
- Modified gallery interactives and listening stations that can now be experienced using the WDFM mobile app, headphones, or disposable styluses available free of charge.
- Capacity limitations for daily attendance and all spaces.
- Daily staff health checks prior to arrival at the museum.
- Due to current restrictions, the Museum Cafe, water fountains, coat check, Theater, and Learning Center will remain closed until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- The museum asks that visitors also take a self-screening questionnaire before visiting, and to please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms. If you purchased tickets and need to reschedule your visit, email firstname.lastname@example.org.