Department: Education/School and Outreach Location: San Francisco
Reports to: Director of Education Status: Full-Time
Hours: 40 hours/week. Weekdays and Weekends FLSA Code: Non-Exempt
Hourly Rate: $22-$25/hour (DOE) Benefits: Eligible
The WDFM is committed to providing high quality programs and resources for school, teachers and families and to working in partnership with others to support animation education in the Bay Area and beyond. This position works as part of the education team to facilitate age and grade appropriate experiences in the museum’s galleries, Learning Center, and classrooms in the larger San Francisco Bay Area that connect students to the power of imagination through animation arts, science, and technology. The Outreach Assistant is responsible for all educational outreach co-teaching opportunities. This position is also responsible for administrative duties related to these programmatic tasks including, but not limited to editing and delivering outreach videos, curriculum writing for outreach programming, and assisting with the ordering of outreach supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-teach or lead outreach sessions at our partner schools located in San Francisco Unified School District
- Review new applicants for the Creative Classrooms Partnership Program and coordinate with schools on their chosen curriculum
- Be the point of contact for teachers at partner schools to answer any curriculum and offsite related questions
- Lead Pre-K – 12th grade School Experiences when onsite
- Create curriculum when assigned and co-lead after-school Extended Learning sessions twice a week
- Assist with outreach sessions at community partner organizations in accordance with outreach exhibition
- Edit outreach videos and email to teachers in a timely manner
- Travel to periodic offsite locations to represent the education department and co-lead community activities
- Order and organize Outreach supplies and input corresponding expenses into Actuals database
- Account for / scan all “offsite tally tickets” into Galaxy and record in School & Outreach Excel reports
- Assist with educational events and other duties as assigned from Educational management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma
- Experience with animation principles and/or teaching animation
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- BA or equivalent work experience required; animation, art history, museum studies, museum education, or other topics related to site specific programs preferred.
- Experience in public speaking and/or presenting educational information to the public.
- Experience working in a museum, educational, cultural setting a plus.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for history or other topics related to the site preferred.
- Experience in education roles.
- Bilingual fluency.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capable of speaking in front of large and small groups of children.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with culturally diverse audiences, audiences of varying ages, and audiences of varying abilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing (ladders), reaching above the shoulders, lifting of up to 50 lbs., lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects such as furniture, file cabinets, equipment, boxes, etc. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and items listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Outreach Educator (Full-Time)” Electronic applications preferred. No phone calls please, Open until filled.