Members Preview Night: Wed, May 15 | 6–8:45pm
The Walt Disney Family Museum presents Mickey Mouse: From Walt to the World, a celebration of animation’s most beloved and recognizable character. This original exhibition chronicles Mickey’s influence on art and entertainment over the past nine decades and tells the story of his origin, rise to fame, and enduring world-wide appeal, in relation to Walt Disney’s inspiring, parallel story.
Guest curated by legendary animator Andreas Deja, in collaboration with co-curator Michael Labrie, Mickey Mouse: From Walt to the World features more than 400 objects, including rare and never-before-seen original sketches, character model sheets, and concept artwork, together with nostalgic merchandise, vintage photographs, and a variety of Mickey’s earliest and most recent animated short films. The exhibition is a testament to Mickey’s transcendent influence, from cartoons and comic books to real-life appearances at Disney Parks worldwide.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to view artistic interpretations of the world’s most famous mouse. For the pop artists of the late-1950s and 60s, Mickey personified the culture of the time: not only was his image reproduced on merchandise, but his simple, bright design echoed advertisements of the mid-century and embodied the spirit of American entertainment. The inclusion in the exhibition of iconic works by prominent artists such as Andy Warhol, Gottfried Helnwein, and Wayne Thiebaud, alongside contemporary works by Tennessee Loveless, Lorelay Bove, Eric Robison, and San Francisco-based muralist Sirron Norris, demonstrate the resonance that Mickey Mouse has with new audiences and generations.
Presented in conjunction with the museum’s 10th Anniversary, the exhibition will be displayed in the Diane Disney Miller Exhibition Hall from May 16, 2019 through January 6, 2020.
Enhance Your Experience with Exclusive Talks
We are also pleased to announce that in May we will host two exciting talks that celebrate Mickey Mouse. The first is a members-only event with Guest Curator Andreas Deja, and will highlight the extensive process of creating such a comprehensive exhibition. The second features one of Mickey’s voice actors, Bret Iwan, who will speak on the mouse's inimitable appeal:
Mickey Mouse: From Walt to the World Member Preview Night
Wed, May 15 | 6–8:45pm | Learn more here
Voicing an Icon: Mickey Talks with Bret Iwan
Sat, May 18 | 11am–12:30pm and 3–4:30pm | Learn more here
To get access to the members-only event, attend the Members Preview Night, and receive discounts on tickets and other exclusive member benefits, join today!
Tickets for Mickey Mouse: From Walt to the World are on-sale now. | Buy tickets
Timed Entry Tickets
Entry to the exhibition is available on a timed entry basis; advanced purchase is recommended. Members and their designated guests receive access to the exhibition by showing their membership card upon entry; no advanced ticket reservation required. Members may purchase additional guests at a discounted price at the main museum Ticket Desk.
General Admission Pricing | Buy tickets
- General admission ticket: $25 adults, $20 seniors & students, $15 youth (ages 6 to 17)
- General admission and Mickey Mouse exhibition combo ticket: $35 adults, $30 seniors & students, $20 youth (ages 6 to 17)
- Mickey Mouse exhibition stand-alone ticket: $15 adults, seniors, & students; $5 youth (ages 6 to 17)
- Museum admission and Mickey Mouse exhibition is free for members and children under 5
Member Pricing | Become a Member
- Members and designated guests: free general admission and Mickey Mouse exhibition combo ticket
- Additional member guests general admission and Mickey Mouse exhibition combo ticket: $31 adults, $26 seniors & students, $21 youth (ages 6 to 17) [$4 discount]
- Additional member guests Mickey Mouse exhibition stand-alone ticket: $10 adults, seniors & students, $5 youth (ages 6 to 17) ($5 discount all levels, except youth)
- NARM Members Mickey Mouse exhibition stand-alone ticket: $15