Synchronized musical scores have seamlessly blended with cinematic imagery for nearly a century. Whether music has served as inspiration for abstract and experimental sequences or has followed and amplified a narrative, it has become an essential element within the art of animation. Join us in this two-week class as we explore the correlation between music and art, musical notes, pitch, shape language, and color theory. After experimenting with various types of melodies, mediums, and storytelling, students will use a unique tune to create a musically-inspired piece of art.
This class is intended for students with little or no formal animation experience interested in learning the process of animation. Students will work virtually through Zoom in this summer session.
Summer Class Equipment Requirements
Animation and Music will be using digital animation software for exercises and final projects.
Students enrolled in this course will be asked to obtain the following materials before class begins:
Camera/document camera (in addition to the camera they use for Zoom)
Toon Boom Harmony animation software (to run on a Mac or iPad)
Each student will need these items in order to capture their animation and present it in class for review. If you do not have access to one of these devices or are unable to run Toon Boom Harmony on your Mac, please contact us so we may assist you.
To ensure that all students have the opportunity to take classes at The Walt Disney Family Museum, we are pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying families and students of all ages. How to apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer Scholarship Information 2021”
- Include the student’s name and age, a parent/guardian’s name (if applicable), and the class name and dates
- All Summer Class scholarship applications are due no later than April 9, 2021
If you have any additional questions about scholarships, please email the Studio Team at email@example.com.
Tickets for Animation and Music are available as follows:
- Walt’s Circle Donors: Purchase tickets beginning Monday, February 22 at noon by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supporter and Friend-level members: Purchase tickets beginning Tuesday, February 23 at noon by emailing email@example.com
- All member levels: Purchase tickets online beginning Wednesday, February 24 at noon
- Public (non-members): Remaining tickets available online beginning Thursday, February 25 at noon