Please note: Due to the holiday, this class begins on Tuesday, July 5.
Television shows made for streaming services are more prominent now than they have ever been. Whether audiences follow their favorite characters over a few hours or many years, the idea for a television series can be just as strong as any film or book franchise. But how are shows developed? Join us for our two-week intensive as we discuss the process of creating and developing a unique idea for the medium of television. We will examine story, character creations, and “show bibles” for limited and long-range series. Students will then have the opportunity to research, develop, and pitch their project to their classmates.
Students attending this course will participate in technical presentations, receiving in-process feedback on their personal project and personal career advice to further comprehend the animation field.
This intensive course is designed for students interested in gaining the skills of drawing, storytelling, and developing professional animation practices. Previous animation experience is recommended but not a requirement.
Tickets for the Summer Class listed above are available as follows:
- Walt's Circle, Supporter, Founding, and Friend-level members: Purchase tickets beginning Tuesday, March 15 at noon by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All member levels: Purchase tickets online beginning Wednesday, March 16 at noon.
- Public (non-members): Remaining tickets available online beginning Thursday, March 17 at noon.
Become a member to receive priority access to purchase tickets. Membership dues and Walt's Circle donations may be paid as monthly installments or as a one-time annual payment. For more information, please email the Membership Department at email@example.com.
To ensure that all students have the opportunity to take classes at The Walt Disney Family Museum, we are pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying families and students of all ages. How to apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer Scholarship Information 2022”
- Include the student’s name and age, a parent/guardian’s name (if applicable), and the class name and dates
- All Summer Class scholarship applications are due no later than April 22, 2022
If you have any additional questions about scholarships, please email the Studio Team at email@example.com.
The Walt Disney Family Museum strives to make its programs accessible to all guests. For specific accessibility information, please contact the Studio team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Safety Information
For information on the museum's mask and vaccination policy, please visit our Welcome Back page.