Please note: Registration for this Summer Class is now closed.
Whether adapting from book to film, comic to television series, or somewhere in between, the art of adapting material for a new medium is both exciting and hard work. In this two-week summer class, students explore the process of adaptation through books, film, and poetry, then reimagine and develop their own story, characters, and environments to put a unique spin on something that still captures the essence of the source.
Students attending this course will participate in technical presentations, receiving in-process feedback on their personal project and personal career advice to further comprehend the animation field.
This intensive course is designed for students interested in gaining the skills of drawing, storytelling, and developing professional animation practices. Previous animation experience is recommended but not a requirement.
Tickets for the Summer Class listed above are available as follows:
- Walt's Circle, Supporter, Founding, and Friend-level members: Purchase tickets beginning Tuesday, March 15 at noon by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All member levels: Purchase tickets online beginning Wednesday, March 16 at noon.
- Public (non-members): Remaining tickets available online beginning Thursday, March 17 at noon.
- All participants must purchase tickets by Tuesday, May 31 at 5pm PT.
Become a member to receive priority access to purchase tickets. Membership dues and Walt's Circle donations may be paid as monthly installments or as a one-time annual payment. For more information, please email the Membership Department at email@example.com.
To ensure that all students have the opportunity to take classes at The Walt Disney Family Museum, we are pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying families and students of all ages. How to apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer Scholarship Information 2022”
- Include the student’s name and age, a parent/guardian’s name (if applicable), and the class name and dates
- All Summer Class scholarship applications are due no later than April 22, 2022
If you have any additional questions about scholarships, please email the Studio Team at email@example.com.
The Walt Disney Family Museum strives to make its programs accessible to all guests. For specific accessibility information, please contact the Studio team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Safety Information
For information on the museum's mask and vaccination policy, please visit our Welcome Back page.