This class is currently sold out, however, if you would like to be placed on a waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships for this class are also still available. Please see Scholarship Opportunities below for more information.
Comics and storyboarding share a unique connection in how to tell sequential visual stories. In this two-week class, students will discuss the history and evolution of each form and their similarities and differences. Students will learn about transferring scripts to boards and panels, gesture drawing, and page layout as they practice creating their own versions. Using film studies and techniques such as silhouette, camera angles, staging, and story, students will design their own storyboard and comic from start to finish.
Summer Class Equipment Requirements:
Storyboarding vs. Comics will be using traditional art materials for exercises and final projects.
Students enrolled in this course will be asked to obtain the following materials before class begins:
Camera/document camera (in addition to the camera they use for Zoom)
Each student will need this in order to share their screen and present their work in class for review. If you do not have access to one of these devices, contact us so we may assist you.
To ensure that all students have the opportunity to take classes at The Walt Disney Family Museum, we are pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying families and students of all ages. How to apply:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Summer Scholarship Information 2021”
- Include the student’s name and age, a parent/guardian’s name (if applicable), and the class name and dates
- All Summer Class scholarship applications are due no later than April 9, 2021
If you have any additional questions about scholarships, please email the Studio Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets for Storyboarding vs. Comics are available as follows:
- Walt’s Circle Donors: Purchase tickets beginning Monday, February 22 at noon by emailing email@example.com
- Supporter and Friend-level members: Purchase tickets beginning Tuesday, February 23 at noon by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- All member levels: Purchase tickets online beginning Wednesday, February 24 at noon
- Public (non-members): Remaining tickets available online beginning Thursday, February 25 at noon