This class is currently sold out, however, if you would like to be placed on a waitlist, please email email@example.com.
Scholarships for this class are also still available. Please see Scholarship Opportunities below for more information.
In many films, the audience is introduced to a hero who we follow through an epic tale of adventure. What changes when the hero is female? Take the first step on an incredible two-week journey as we look at what it means to be a woman in animation. Students will design their own female lead character while studying narrative structure, fairy tales, and writing tropes and stereotypes in animated films. After developing storyboards and character designs, students will transform their sketches into a 3D maquette. A showcase of all student work will be held at the end of the two-week class.
This class is intended for individuals who identify as female.
Summer Class Equipment Requirements
The Heroine’s Journey will be using traditional art materials for exercises and final projects.
Students enrolled in this course will be asked to obtain the following materials before class begins:
Camera/document camera (in addition to the camera they use for Zoom)
Each student will need this in order to share their screen and present their work in class for review. If you do not have access to one of these devices, contact us so we may assist you.
To ensure that all students have the opportunity to take classes at The Walt Disney Family Museum, we are pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying families and students of all ages. How to apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer Scholarship Information 2021”
- Include the student’s name and age, a parent/guardian’s name (if applicable), and the class name and dates
- All Summer Class scholarship applications are due no later than April 9, 2021
If you have any additional questions about scholarships, please email the Studio Team at email@example.com.
Tickets for The Heroine's Journey are available as follows:
- Walt’s Circle Donors: Purchase tickets beginning Monday, February 22 at noon by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supporter and Friend-level members: Purchase tickets beginning Tuesday, February 23 at noon by emailing email@example.com
- All member levels: Purchase tickets online beginning Wednesday, February 24 at noon
- Public (non-members): Remaining tickets available online beginning Thursday, February 25 at noon