From body shape to color scheme and clothing, every piece of a character gives the viewer insight about who they are. Join us for this two-week intensive class as we learn what it takes to design memorable and original characters, diving further into shape language, silhouette, and costume design. After experimenting with illustrations and the development process, students will transform their sketches into a final design of their characters.
Summer Class Equipment Requirements
From Head to Toe: Character Design will be using traditional art materials for exercises and final projects.
Students enrolled in this course will be asked to obtain the following materials before class begins:
Camera/document camera (in addition to the camera they use for Zoom)
Each student will need this in order to present their work in class for review. If you do not have access to one of these devices, contact us so we may assist you.
To ensure that all students have the opportunity to take classes at The Walt Disney Family Museum, we are pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying families and students of all ages. How to apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer Scholarship Information 2021”
- Include the student’s name and age, a parent/guardian’s name (if applicable), and the class name and dates
- All Summer Class scholarship applications are due no later than April 9, 2021
If you have any additional questions about scholarships, please email the Studio Team at email@example.com.
Tickets for From Head to Toe: Character Design are available as follows:
- Walt’s Circle Donors: Purchase tickets beginning Monday, February 22 at noon by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supporter and Friend-level members: Purchase tickets beginning Tuesday, February 23 at noon by emailing email@example.com
- All member levels: Purchase tickets online beginning Wednesday, February 24 at noon
- Public (non-members): Remaining tickets available online beginning Thursday, February 25 at noon