Department: Development & Community Engagement
Location: San Francisco
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Development and Community Engagement Manager will be responsible for generating increased community interest, involvement, and support for the museum and its programs and initiatives, including the At-Promise Youth Animation Academy. This role is responsible for working with the Executive Director and staff to create and reinforce visibility for active involvement and investment in the museum by individual, corporate, and foundation partners. The Development and Community Engagement Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, enhancing, and managing programs in Development and Community Engagement.
Development and Community Engagement Strategy and Implementation:
- Responsible for development initiatives and community engagement plans and initiatives.
- Create and execute plans to secure financial support from individual, corporate, and institutional donors for the museum and its initiatives, including the At-Promise Youth Animation Academy.
- Create and execute strategy for corporate and community partnerships and other key alliances.
- Cultivate and maintain donor and community partner relationships.
- Oversee prospect research, cultivation, and solicitation of donors and partners.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and senior management to determine appropriate development and community engagement needs and priorities, as well as broader institutional advancement needs and priorities.
- Communicate with colleagues across the organization to understand objectives, requirements, and related program activities, and to ensure fulfillment of partner commitments.
- Create a strategy to raise awareness, involvement, and support of the WDFM and its initiatives, including the At-Promise Youth Animation Academy.
- Manage any relevant databases related to development and community engagement.
- Set annual goals and objectives in partnership with Executive Director. Responsible for monitoring and reporting progress and meeting targets.
- Develop, maintain, and adhere to department budgets.
- Provide support for Executive Director related to cultivation and solicitation activities.
- With the Marketing and Communications and other cross-departmental staff, develop and implement a variety of communication strategies to support development and community engagement initiatives, including solicitation materials and required reports.
- Oversee development and community engagement events schedule, including fundraiser events.
- Serve as a member of the leadership staff and support the mission and vision of the overall organization by collaborating with colleagues across disciplines and departments on development strategies.
- Oversee gift processing and any required reporting.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Four or more years in position(s) with relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success and evidence of ability to plan and execute successful initiatives in sales, marketing, community engagement, and/or development.
- Knowledge of the arts sector and/or experience in working with arts and cultural organizations.
Skills and Abilities:
- A people-person with a demonstrated track record of achieving ambitious sales or fundraising goals.
- An excellent manager with professional poise and exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to speak and write persuasively about the organization.
- Highly organized, able to multitask and prioritize.
- A team-builder with the ability to motivate, train, and supervise staff and volunteers in the implementation of the development and community engagement program.
- Highly motivated, independent, and effective collaborator and team player.
Please send your resume, cover letter and to email@example.com. Please also include your available start date in your email. Please title email “Development & Community Engagement Manager.” Electronic applications preferred. No phone calls please. Open until filled.