Location: San Francisco
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Status: Full Time
Date: April 2021
FLSA Code: Exempt
Hours: Possible nights and weekends
The Facilities Manager will oversee building systems contracts and maintenance including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, landscaping, and janitorial. This person will also be responsible for ensuring that the museum is in compliance with the local, state and federal applicable codes, regulations, and standards pertaining to facilities operations. The Facilities Manager will work closely with the facilities team and all museum departments to maintain/improve the quality of safety and security at the museum.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and manage annual facilities maintenance budget.
- Manage the buildings, grounds, and systems to ensure a well running, problem-free building for employees, guests, and visitors. Systems include BMS (Building Management System), Watt stopper, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, life safety systems, security systems, emergency generator, and general maintenance.
- Perform daily inspections of Buildings and Grounds.
- Sources quotes for labor, materials, replacement parts, facilities maintenance, and repair projects.
- Manage inventory and purchase of electrical and lighting supplies, office equipment, kitchen equipment and appliances, key inventory, and tools and equipment necessary to run and maintain the facilities.
- Manage all maintenance contracts including HVAC systems, boilers, pumps, sewage pumps, life safety systems, and elevators.
- Review, update, and implement departmental policies and procedures manual.
- Oversee management of security systems and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to track expenses and work within a budget.
Experience in vendor management/performance and negotiation of contracts.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be available to be on-call after hours to respond to emergency situations.
- Must have car and valid CA drivers’ license.
- Must be a team player.
Supervision and Staff Coordination
This role carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Training
- Must be a high school graduate; 5 years progressively responsible experience in facilities operations.
- Knowledge of security system equipment and software applications a plus.
- Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, and Excel
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing (ladders) and reaching above the shoulders and lifting of up to 50 lbs., lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as furniture, file cabinets, equipment, boxes, etc. Work requires weekend and/or evening work and being on call 24/7.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Facilities Manager”. Electronic applications preferred. No phone calls please. Open until filled.