Department: Facilities and Operations
Location: San Francisco
Reports to: Safety and Security Manager
FLSA Code: Non-Exempt
Hours: TBD regular business hours includes rotating on call weekends and/or evenings
Rate: $25-27/hour DOE
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is starting their career in the Facilities field.
The Facilities Coordinator position requires a hands-on person to perform daily facility maintenance projects, including but not limited to: painting, plumbing, door hardware repairs, and adjustments. This person will oversee maintenance, including plumbing, electrical, landscaping, and janitorial. This person will work with the Facilities and Operations team to maintain a problem-free work environment.
- Daily inspections of buildings and grounds including museum lighting, potential safety hazards, plumbing components, and overall general building functions.
- All mailroom duties, including shipping and receiving, inter-office mail, and mailroom cleanliness.
- Manages inventory of office supplies, staff kitchen supplies, mail room supplies, and life safety supplies
- Overall order of all common spaces including conference room tidiness and supplies
- Assist Facilities team with events, and any unforeseen situations that arise
Education and Training:
- Must be a high school graduate
- Experience in related field, e.g., building and facilities management/or facilities management, office management, residential or commercial construction, or general contracting preferred. Additional education may be substituted for some experience.
- Comprehensive documented knowledge of methods and techniques of the trade (facilities, maintenance, safety, etc.) preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, schematics, drawings, and specifications a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience using tools and performing general repairs and maintenance.
- Must be available to be on-call after hours to respond to emergency situations.
- Must work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communicate to all levels of the WDFM community.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently and exhibit initiative to solve problems, including tracking situations until appropriate resolution is achieved.
- Must have car and Valid CA driver’s license.
- Must be a team player.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing (ladders), reaching above the shoulders, lifting of up to 50 lbs., lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects such as furniture, file cabinets, equipment, boxes, etc. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Facilities Coordinator." Electronic applications preferred. No phone calls please. Open until filled.