Department: Museum Store
Location: San Francisco
Reports to: Retail Business Manager
Status: Full-Time & Part-Time
Date: Starting ASAP
Hours: Thursday-Sunday, 9:30am–6pm
FLSA Code: Non-Exempt
Hourly Rate: $17/hour
Maintain a high level of guest service within the Museum Store by delivering knowledgeable and friendly service. Museum Store Associates have a variety of roles within the Museum Store including, generating sales, merchandising, restocking, cashiering, and safeguarding inventory.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that guests receive outstanding service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting guests, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of guest service.
- Proactively interact with guests in a professional manner.
- Aid guests in locating merchandise.
- Perform sales transactions in POS system throughout shift. Issue receipts, refunds, credits, and accurate change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change. Balance monies to daily receipts at the end of the shift without incurring any shortage or overage.
- Maintain knowledge of product, its provenance and relationship to the museums exhibitions and mission.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock levels.
- Stays abreast of all Museum events both ongoing and upcoming.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and housekeeping.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor. Adhere to the Museums Dress code.
- Resolve customer complaints in a professional and efficient manner, calling upon supervisor when needed.
- Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts.
- Provide guidance, assistance and instructions to patrons in case of emergency.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma.
- Four years of experience in retail.
- Front-line customer service experience.
- Museum guest services experience.
- Bilingual fluency, especially in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Japanese.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Proficiency with relative point of sale software.
- Must be able to multi-task, function as part of a close-knit team, and enjoy working with the public.
- Must be available to work on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Physical requirements include long periods of standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing (ladders) and reaching above the shoulders and lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as furniture, file cabinets, equipment, boxes, will be required.
Please send your resume, cover letter and to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include your available start date in your email. Please title email “Museum Store Associate – Full-Time" or "Museum Store Associate – Part-Time.” Electronic applications preferred. No phone calls please. Open until filled.