This class is currently sold out, however, if you would like to be placed on a waitlist, please email email@example.com.
Scholarships for this class are also still available. Please see Scholarship Opportunities below for more information.
In this two-week class, students explore character design and what it means to represent oneself inside and out. Using shape language, silhouette, and historical, cultural, and environmental reference, students will experiment with drawing attires to suit a variety of characters, emphasizing their purpose and personas.
Students attending this course will receive in-process feedback, technical presentations, and personal career advice to further comprehend the animation field.
This intensive course is designed for students interested in gaining the skills of creating attire for characters and developing professional animation practices. Previous animation experience is preferred but not required.
Summer Class Equipment Requirements
From Sketch to Screen: Costume Design will be using traditional art materials for exercises and final projects.
Students enrolled in this course will be asked to obtain the following materials before class begins:
Camera/document camera (in addition to the camera they use for Zoom)
Each student will need this in order to share their screen and present their work in class for review. If you do not have access to one of these devices, contact us so we may assist you.
To ensure that all students have the opportunity to take classes at The Walt Disney Family Museum, we are pleased to offer scholarships to qualifying families and students of all ages. How to apply:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer Scholarship Information 2021”
- Include the student’s name and age, a parent/guardian’s name (if applicable), and the class name and dates
- All Summer Class scholarship applications are due no later than April 9, 2021
If you have any additional questions about scholarships, please email the Studio Team at email@example.com.
Tickets for From Sketch to Screen: Costume Design are available as follows:
- Walt’s Circle Donors: Purchase tickets beginning Monday, February 22 at noon by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supporter and Friend-level members: Purchase tickets beginning Tuesday, February 23 at noon by emailing email@example.com
- All member levels: Purchase tickets online beginning Wednesday, February 24 at noon
- Public (non-members): Remaining tickets available online beginning Thursday, February 25 at noon