Department: Facilities and Operations
Location: San Francisco
Reports to: Manager of Audiovisual Status: Part Time (up to 19 Hours/week)
FLSA Code: Non-exempt
The role of the Audio Visual (AV) Event Technician is to take direction from the Manager of AV in supporting the Museum’s internal and rental events. The role will also provide technical support for significant components of The Walt Disney Museum’s AV systems as well as providing a smooth and stable infrastructure. The position may also assist the AV team carry out planned preventative maintenance, reactive repairs and minor installation work in relation to the Audio Visual systems within the museum.
- Provide a full range of AV technical support.
- Set up of AV equipment for daily and special events.
- Assisting with minor AV installations, repairs work, and maintenance tasks.
- Present a professional image to visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service.
- Provide general site services including the housekeeping of work areas.
- Ensure a safe & healthy working environment, and compliance with all policies and procedures.
2 years’ experience in the audio visual or related industry.
Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of AV equipment set up and technical uses.
- Experience with some or all of the following -- mixers, microphones, PA’s, projection, stage lighting, data display, audio recording and video cameras.
- Experience with Mac and PC Operating systems and software.
- Experience with Presentation Software. (PowerPoint, Keynote).
- A can-do attitude, excellent customer service demeanor, and a strong technical aptitude are necessary.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks with a focus on delivering a quality product is essential.
- We are looking for someone whom will work to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Some IT and Networking skills are a plus.
- This position requires schedule flexibility with a schedule consisting of days, evenings and weekends.
Physical Demands and Special Environmental Factors:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing (ladders) and reaching above the shoulders and lifting of up to 50 lbs. Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as furniture, file cabinets, equipment, boxes, etc will be required. Work may require weekends and/or evenings.