Find animation, innovation, and inspiration and immerse yourself in the remarkable life story of Walt Disney—the man who raised animation to an art, tirelessly pursued innovation, and created a distinctly American legacy, transforming the entertainment world! The Walt Disney Family Museum school experiences offer students the opportunity to explore art, animation, and the life of Walt Disney through a combination of hands-on animation activities and gallery tours. School Experiences are offered Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, October 2, 2013 through May 30, 2014.
To book a school experience, please click here to submit a school experience registration form. School experiences must be booked at least three weeks in advance. Requests are processed in the order received. Pending availability, you will receive a confirmation letter for your experience within 3 to 4 days.
For more information, please call 415-345-6808 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm.
If you are a Title 1 school in SFUSD, please call the education department for further pricing information.
The Walt Disney Family Museum is committed to quality education and providing every student with the opportunity to benefit from our curriculum based school experiences. To ensure that any school can take part in our school experiences, we offer a bus scholarship program for Title 1 schools only. Bus scholarships are available for field trips scheduled during the academic year (October through June) for schools in the San Francisco Unified School District. Please note teachers are responsible for booking their own buses.
Please contact the education department for more information.
Important information about your visit
- Please arrive 15 minutes before scheduled program for check-in
- We accept cash, credit card, and checks made payable to The Walt Disney Family Museum
- There is an $8 fee per student and $10 fee per teacher and chaperone. We allow up to 8 adults per experience at the $10.00 rate. Additional chaperones pay full Museum admission.
- The limit is 30 students per class, plus chaperones
- One adult chaperone is required for every 10 students. Chaperones must stay with their groups, including stops to the restrooms and Museum Store, and are responsible for the group’s behavior while visiting the Museum.
- There is ample paid parking in the Main Post parking lot. The cost is $1 per hour or $6 per day. Please make sure chaperones pay at parking kiosks before entering the museum.
- Buses should drop students off at curbside in front of the museum and park in the Main Post parking lot across from the Museum
- There are no refunds for tickets sold. If you pay in advance and have fewer students the day of your visit, you will be charged the full amount.
- If you would like to spend more un-guided time in our museum galleries after your school experience you will need to arrange it in advance of your schools visit.
Group Cancelation Policy
The Walt Disney Family Museum reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any tour due to unforeseen circumstances. If the Walt Disney Family Museum cannot reschedule your group a refund will be issued. Tickets will not be refunded for tours canceled by the group itself.